[meteorite-list] Ensisheim 2022 - More information

Anne Black impactika at aol.com
Wed Apr 28 22:37:30 EDT 2021

For all of you Dealers and visitors who are eager to plan for the Ensisheim 2022 show, Zelimir sent more information. And here it is:

Hello meteorite aficionados and friends,

As president of the Association of Friends of the Ensisheim Meteorite, giventhe uncertain development of the pandemicsituation (Covid-19 and its variants), I must inform you officially and withgreat regret that we must cancel again the 2021 edition of our meteorite showand postpone the event to June 2022. This heavy decision was takenconjunctly by the organizing committee and the municipal authorities of thecity of Ensisheim.

 Our event involves many exhibitors and visitors from all over the world andholds a large audience. The virus and its new variants continue to emerge,disappear, or persist, and to circulate around the world, requiring periods ofconfinement and deconfinement. This health crisis, as well as that of theglobal economy, could last for many weeks and months to come. No one can yetpredict when the free movement of people to cross borders will be effective, orwhen the gathering of the public that circulates among the tables will beofficially tolerated.

 The report of the show in the autumn was also considered, but quicklyrejected due to too much uncertainty about the evolution of sanitaryconditions. Furthermore, holding the show at an unusual date and in a reducedconfiguration was not found to be satisfactory.

 Presumingthis pandemic will be over next year, we invite you to meet in 2022, from June 17 to 19, to resume withconfidence our cultural and scientific activities around meteorites.

By ensuring the full support of the entire organizing committee, receiveall of you my best regards and above all, stay healthy!

 Zelimir

 Important note

In early February 2020, I have irreversibly lost my usual email address“uha.fr” so that I could not read any of your messages you may have sent since,this explaining my long silence. Should you need to contact me for questions orcomments, please use my new current email address:

zelimir.gabelica at gmail.com.

This will also allow me to reconstruct the entire list of addresses of showexhibitors and participants regarding the future show contacts.

Thank you!

 Enjoy.
And if you forget, or lose this post, you can always ask me!

Anne BlackIMPACTIKA.comimpactika at aol.com