[meteorite-list] Fw: [UCLA Meteorite Gallery] UCLA Meteorite Gallery Poetry Contest 2021- Submissions Open!

Robert Verish bolidechaser at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 15:36:23 EDT 2021

 https://meteorites.ucla.edu/
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: UCLA Meteorite Collection <meteorites at ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, Apr 10, 2021, 11:02 AM
Subject: [UCLA Meteorite Gallery] UCLA Meteorite Gallery Poetry Contest 2021- Submissions Open!
To: <epss_metgallvisitlist at lists.em.ucla.edu>

UCLA Meteorite Gallery Poetry Contest

In celebration of National Poetry Month, we invite all enthusiasts to submit up to 3 poems about meteorites, asteroids, or impacts. We welcome all poetic forms such as haikus, sonnets, limericks, free verses, etc. After careful review of all submissions, we will publish the top 10 poems on our website and the top 3 poems will be posted in the UCLA Meteorite Gallery. Please submit all poems to Juliet Hook at jahook at ucla.edu by May 1st, 2021.

We kick off this contest with an introductory poem by our curator Dr. Alan Rubin.

Waltzing 253 Mathilde

Crushed and cratered, shattered, pelted,
Shocked and fractured, sintered, melted,
Blackened, jumbled, porous, blocky,
Rent, fragmented, vuggy, rocky,
Slowly spinning in the void;
It's a battered asteroid!

Check out our website for inspiration from top literary figures such as Robert Frost and his "A Star in a Stone Boat."

|  |
The UCLA Meteorite Collection - Home

Giving

For those interested in donating to the UCLA Meteorite Collection, please click here. We greatly appreciate your support.

Please follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

UCLA Meteorite Collection
Geology Building, Room 3697
565 Charles Young Drive East
Los Angeles, CA 90095