[meteorite-list] A 4, 565-My-old andesite from an extinct chondritic protoplanet

Paul etchplain at att.net
Sun Apr 4 21:52:54 EDT 2021

4.6-billion-year-old meteorite belongs to Earth’s long-lost baby cousin

By Mindy Weisberger, Live Science, March 8, 2021

A protoplanet in the early solar system spawned a unique type of meteorite

https://www.livescience.com/meteorite-asteroid-early-solar-system.html

Meteoritical Bulletin Database

Last update: 28 Mar 2021

Meteorite Bulletin 109

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=72475

Barrat, J.A., Chaussidon, M., Yamaguchi, A., Beck, P., Villeneuve, J.,

Byrne, D.J., Broadley, M.W. and Marty, B., 2021. A 4,565-My-old

andesite from an extinct chondritic protoplanet. Proceedings of the

National Academy of Sciences, 118(11).

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/11/e2026129118.short

Yours,

Paul H.