[meteorite-list] Washington SpaceX fall event: debris recovered

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 10:50:27 EDT 2021

Hi Marco and List,

I have a question about ownership and legality of these manmade
artifacts that fall from space and are found on private property.

What is the law regarding objects that originate from private entities?

I understand that if part of a NASA object falls on your land, that it
is still government property.

But, SpaceX is a private corporation, so would that change the legal
situation? Could a land owner keep such an object legally?

Best regards,

MikeG