[meteorite-list] AD - Smelling the volatiles in Aguas Zarcas

Rob Wesel nakhladog at comcast.net
Wed May 22 22:22:37 EDT 2019

Hello all

I have three 40-50 gram pieces of a broken stone from the Aguas Zarcas
fall. As soon as I got them I placed them in airtight containers with
natural combed wool. Wool naturally absorbs odor, remember that scarf
that always smells of cologne? Within ten minutes of sitting in the
containers you can open them and get that Murchison smell that was once
the stuff of legend. Reseal and ten minutes later you can do it again.
I'm not sure how long the outgassing of hydrocarbons continues but if
you get one of these pieces it's a whole new experience...smelling
extraterrestrial organics. I know the Murchison piece smelled well after
the fall, I don't know how often that jar was opened so I'm enjoying it
while I can.

They are available here on eBay, 10% discount if you hit me up direct.
Sizable pieces at a good price and a once every 50 year olfactory
experience.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=nakhladog&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR8.TRC0.A0.H0.Xaguas.TRS1&_nkw=aguas&_sacat=0

Rob Wesel
Nakhla Dog Meteorites