[meteorite-list] Ad: Unique specimens added to website! (Ad 10/12)

Bigjohn Shea bigjohnshea at mail.com
Sun Mar 11 07:02:50 EDT 2018

Dear Fellow Collectors,
Hope you are all doing well

A handful of very interesting meteorite specimens have been added to my website.

First among them, NWA 11359. This is a very strange L6 S2 W1. It is unique among the L6 classification due to a highly porous matrix that is set within a heavily recrystallized meteorite. The whole thing has a very crystalline or gem like feeling to it with a subtle grayish blue/green coloration. A selection of slices are available.

Second, the new Niger impact melt we have all seen recently is very attractive on the outside, but on the inside it is truly exceptional. Hidden within its black matrix is a wonderland of metal flakes and inclusions, scattered amidst an appreciable quantity of small chondrules. When slices are polished at 3000 grit, it is gorgeous.

Last but not least, two slices from a ~900g probable pairing to NWA 8524. This is an LL4-6 breccia with an attractive orange and yellow interior containing big course breccia inclusions of various colors, and some relatively large bits of iron.

Please take a moment from your relaxing weekend to consider a few of these interesting specimens for your collection.

https://bigjohnmeteorites.com

Much of the older content that was on my site has been removed, but there are still some great NWA x specimens, as well as a handful of historic, planetary and carbonaceous specimens available.

Thank you for looking!
Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295