[meteorite-list] AD: Yunnan, China 6/1/18 Fall, New Halfa, Sudan 11/8/94 Fall (Ad 4/12)

Bigjohn Shea bigjohnshea at mail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:16:52 EDT 2018

Dear Meteorite Friends,

Hope you all have had a great start to your week!

I recently uploaded to my website a selection of slices from two noted meteorite falls.

First: The Yunnan, China fall of 6/1/18. The cut surface of this fall is quite lovely, more abundant in chondrules than you might expect for a probable L6. As far as I have seen, I am the only person listing slices of the Yunnan fall and there are only 5 on the site to pick from…

Second: The poorly distributed New Halfa, Sudan fall from 11/8/94. I can only account for less than 1kg of New Halfa in private collections so these relatively large specimens are very rare indeed.

https://bigjohnmeteorites.com

These are both beautiful and exceptional specimens that reveal an abundance of chondrules ready to appreciate grossly or through the loupe. Definitely worth adding to your collection.

If you are a fall collector then today is a very good day for you. :-)

Additionally I have a selection of Polymict Diogenite specimens still available which were cut from the main mass of NWA 11805.

Please take a moment from your busy day to see what is available on my site.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295