[meteorite-list] Howdy list

rickmont at earthlink.net rickmont at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 13:17:03 EST 2018

Good morning List!

On this Sikhote Alin birthday, I have a question regarding rarity and general value.  I have a friend who owns a larger (~1500gr+) oriented, transitional individual with regmaglyphs, external crystalline structure, flow lines, prominent roll-over lipping and most striking of all, complete natural patina.  I suggested to him that this combination of characters was quite unusual, and if he were ever to sell it, it should be valued higher than most at that weight.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture but can easily have him send one to me.  (It’s not for sale...this is not an ad), but any opinion is welcome.  I have seen them from $5/gram to 10$/gr (high!!), but very few with natural patina.   Thanks in advance.

Richard Montgomery
(Rick Bob)