[meteorite-list] Cut pallasite gemstones on ebay

tracy latimer daistiho at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 15:19:42 EDT 2016

There is someone selling faceted gemstones they claim to have cut from pallasites.  I looked through their current and past offerings, and I have never seen such a rainbow of colors; AFAIK, olivine doesn't come in red and blue!  Anyone know anything about this seller? or is he just trying to cash in on meteorite lust?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-69-Carat-Faceted-oval-brilliant-cut-PALLASITE-Gemstone-from-meteorite-/182339823105?hash=item2a744ce601:g:6DMAAOSwkl5XexNU
Incidentally, I asked if he knew what pallasite this offering had been cut from and he didn't know.  It's a bigger than usual chunk of peridot, for a meteorite (if that's what it is).

Best!
Tracy Latimer