[meteorite-list] Ongoing Amazon and eBay Scheme

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Jul 28 06:04:42 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 27 July 2016, Paul via Meteorite-list wrote:
> Why It's Nearly Impossible To Stop This Amazon and eBay Scheme

Great article, thanks for sharing! But the answer seems to be there:)

"He bought his own hat from an eBay arbitrager for $27 -- and then, before
the arbitrager could go to Amazon and make the purchase, Wildermuth changed
his Amazon listing price to $199. Result: The arbitrager could either lose
$172 on the sale or cancel the purchase, which would damage the arbitrager’s
eBay ranking. Wildermuth repeated this about 10 times. “I got these frantic
calls [from the arbitrager]. He said, ‘Please don’t do this,’” says
Wildermuth. “He knew what I was doing. And I let out a string of
expletives.”"

William