[meteorite-list] Cosmic Dust gets its Due

Count Deiro countdeiro at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 7 00:11:51 EST 2016

Hi All,

Media finally wakes up to what has been known to meteoriticists for years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/12/06/cosmic-dust-found-rooftops-paris/

A few years ago a friend took me up onto an expandable gas storage tank facility that had been in operation for almost fifty years in LA and using a broom mounted with six bar magnets we swept a rough asphalt surface of about 200' in circumference. We recovered two six inch sandwich baggies of material. I still have mine.
On a 100 power scope the particles look similar to the ones depicted at the above link.

I have tried the plaster bottom of fountains and pools with lesser success.

Count Deiro
INCA 3536