[meteorite-list] Notice to eBay Meteorite Sellers

Ron Baalke baalke at zagami.jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Mar 1 18:53:18 EST 2015

> What I am referring to is bidder requirements.  I tried to place a bid
> on two different specimens from two different dealers and both times
> eBay stopped me and said I could not bid because my PayPal account is
> not "linked" to eBay.

For security reasons, it's just a very bad idea to link any of your online accounts together.
Period.  This applies not just to ebay & paypal, but Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Ebay has been hacked into before.  The next time ebay is hacked - and there will be most
definitely be a next time - all your accounts linked to it are automatically accessible
to the hackers.  Keep that in mind.

Ron