[meteorite-list] Changes In 14C and Impacts

E.P. Grondine epgrondine at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 28 11:53:06 EDT 2015

Hi Paul -

Thanks for the link to that paper.

I am looking forward to your comments on the Kiscoty structure.

My guess is that the depth of the ice sheet may be estimated from the height of the rebound, but I am incapable of performing detailed calculations from any formula you may know of.

My working assumption is that nearly all of the energy released from the initial blast went into different processes which  melted the ice sheet - such as the infra-red,  the boiling water returning to Earth, the hot impact dust returning, etc.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas