[meteorite-list] Pluto Meteorites

almitt2 at localnet.com almitt2 at localnet.com
Mon Jul 13 02:21:53 EDT 2015

Greetings,

Since the New Horizons probe is near it's closest encounter to Pluto,
thought it might be a good time to bring up the topic of possible
Plutonian Meteorites we might have in our collections.

There are some orbital dynamics that would make it a long shot but if
another Pluto size object collided with the planet to make the moon,
perhaps there is debris that slowly made it's way to the interior
planets. Perhaps sitting on Earth somewhere from an impact from long
past.

Thanks NASA for the great views at Pluto! Hope much more science comes
out of the New Horizons in the future.

Any takers??