[meteorite-list] etching canyon diablo

Francesco Moser cojack at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 8 04:13:03 EST 2015

Hello!
Could someone give me some tips about etching a slice of Canyon Diablo, in the past years it rusted so I want to bring it back to its old beauty.
I have use sand paper till mirror polish and use Nital 10% with a paint brush. I achieve a good contrast from the matrix and the inclusions but the Widmanstätten pattern is not so sharp neither visible. I have put it for about one day in NaOH solution for neutralizing the acid, but the inclusion turn to a gold-yellowish color :(

Please help me :)

Thanks a lot!

Francesco