[meteorite-list] 1996-2016 meteorite collectors / dealers

Robert Beauford robertbeauford at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 29 11:38:04 EST 2015

I think I started actively collecting around '97 or '98, but I'm not entirely sure anymore.  I started to really become passionately interested  in the science in around 2001.  At one time, I basically read the entire met list archive for want of other literature.  Killgore, Haag, Anne Black and a few others patiently helped me get started.  I started selling around the same time, and stopped selling, for most intents and purposes, a few years later.  I completely stopped participating in the list or larger meteorite community for more than 10 years because I got disgusted by infighting and animosity.  I only started again when Derek asked me to help edit the magazine a few years ago.  Today, as for most of the preceding years, I just study and collect, though there are a tiny number of meteorites in my shop because I like occasionally getting to have a conversation about them.  These days, I mostly use meteorites for education and outreach, and concentrate my studies on craters.