[meteorite-list] AD: Exceptionally Rare Specimens Temporarily on Sale! (Ad 2/12)

Bigjohn Shea bigjohnshea at mail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:13:44 EDT 2015

Hello Meteorite Enthusiasts!

Today is your lucky day!  ;-)  For a limited time I am attempting to rally some funds.  I’m putting some exceptionally rare specimens up for sale here, all of them listed for relative bargain prices.

Fair warning:  Once I meet my funding goal, I will be withdrawing the remaining “rare specimens” from sale.

Below you will also find a $200 package deal!  I have bundled some specimens from my prior sale list together to form a package deal that would be impossible to match elsewhere.

Additionally, the remaining previously advertised Unclassified NWAs are still available here at bargain prices.

I’m always open to hearing offers. :-) Please contact me for photos and shipping info.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Cheers,
John A. Shea
IMCA 3295

RARE SPECIMENS:

NWA 7325, Achondrite Mercury - 0.67g part slice, great surface area - Provenance directly from Stefan Ralew who holds the main mass = $850 (Does not need much explanation.  There are various pairings of this, but this original is nearly impossible to find outside of micros.)

NWA 7194, R4 – 28.6g main mass end cut – Provenance from Greg Hupe who brought specimen to market = $400 (A truly gorgeous R-class specimen worthy of the best collections.)

NWA 998, Achondrite Nakhlite Mars - specimen jar with 0.5g worth of fragments – Provenance from Greg Hupe = $250 (Widely studied and difficult to find meteorite.  Another specimen just like this is online for $2000.)

Lazarev, Ungrouped Iron, Antarctica - 0.42g part slice – Provenance from Robert Elliot Collection = $300 (Incredibly rare, first Antarctic iron, probably will never see it again.)

LA002, Achondrite Shergottite Mars, Los Angeles – 0.2g fragment – Provenance from Robert Verisch who holds the main masses of LA001, and LA002 = $225 (I purchased this directly from Bob, so it will come with his provenance cards.)

Nakhla, Achondrite Mars, Egypt – 0.25g fragment – Provenance from Peter Marmot Collection = $250 (Type specimen of the Nakhlite classification of Martian meteorites, and this is the “King of Mars”.)

NWA 2999, Angrite – 2.57g fragment – Provenance from Mike Bandli, Greg Hupe = $200 (Only 12 known meteorites classified as Angrite, and this is the “King of Angrites”.)

UNCLASSIFIED NWAs

NWA XXX – 143.4g – Cut, low iron, various chondrules, one side weathered, one side partly oriented with primary fusion crust – from a find in 2013 - Provenance Mirko Graul – 20 cents per gram

NWA XXX – 243.5g – Cut, low iron, various chondrules, mostly secondary fusion crust, not much weathering on exterior – from a find in 2013 – Provenance Mirko Graul – 20 cents per gram

NWA XXX – 290.0g – Cut, moderate iron, various chondrules, one side of primary fusion crust, other sides fragmented with some weathering – from a find in 2013 – Provenance Mirko Graul – 20 cents per gram

NWA XXX – 454.5g – Cut, low iron, plentiful chondrules, mostly secondary crust with minimal weathering, would make for excellent slicing – from a find in 2013 – Provenance Mirko Graul – 20 cents per gram

NWA XXX – 515.0g – Cut, moderate iron, seems to be a shock melt specimen with what appears to be a transition zone to matrix and chondrules, three sides with fresh appearing primary and secondary fusion crust, other sides fragmented with some weathering – No longer have a record of provenance, will provide my own – 30 cents per gram

NWA XXX – 872.0g – Uncut, obvious chondrite, somewhat weathered with 4 sides of secondary and tertiary fusion crust, many contraction cracks, other sides fragmented, displays well and feels impressive in the hands – No longer have a record of provenance, will provide my own – 20 cents per gram

EVERYTHING BELOW FOR $200!!
Beni Yacoub L/LL4 (Tata, Morocco) 395mg fragment – Adam Bates – suspension box $30
Bondoc Mesosiderite (Phillipines) 4.2g small full slice – Ruben Garcia – gem case $30
Itqiy (Sahara) EH7-an micro, Corey Kuo, gem case $25
Juvinas Eucrite (France) micro, Zachery Forestburg, gem case $20
New Concord L6 (Ohio) 0.260g part slice, Anne Black, Shawn Alan, part slice $30
Peace River L6 (Canada) 0.122g part slice, Schooler’s, Shawn Alan, gem case $30
Valera L5 (Venezuela) <0.10g small appreciable part slice, Shawn Alan, gem case $20
NWA 869 L4-6 Oriented 4.61g individual, Polandmet.com, gem case $25
NWA 2626 Olivine Phyric Shergotite x4 subgram fragments, and some micros – Hupe Collection – specimen jar $30
NWA 4688 H5 3.12g individual – Stonewarehouse – gem case $15
NWA 6423 CV3 1.1g and 2.0g individuals – Lonestar Meteorites – gem case $20
NWA 6827 CO3 0.57g part slice, Sergey Vasiliev, gem case $20
NWA 6953 Mesosiderite 1.7g fragment – Galactic Stone, no card, w/ label – gem case - $20
NWA 7133 CO3.2 x1 fragment, x5 small part slices = 1.1g, will provide my own card, gem case $20
NWA XXXX Stony-Iron 3.6g individual, Adam Bates, gem case $25