[meteorite-list] Unusual phenomen during etching iron meteorites

John Lutzon jl at lutzon.com
Tue Aug 25 22:40:51 EDT 2015

Hello Marcin,

Very unusual to see. With no knowledge on this subject, i'll try at a Possible
"solution" (no pun intended)...........

If, if, as you say, all slices were prepared the same and no other coating was
left on on the piece(s) that wouldn't take the etch---is it Possible that they may
have somehow become electomagnetically charged (preventing the chemical bond)
and the piece you used to scratch the object piece broke/relieved this charge
in order for the solution to begin its work??

Mirko?

All best, John