[meteorite-list] Meteorite Magazine

Moni Waiblinger moni2555 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:30:44 EDT 2014

HI All,

yes sad news!

I for one will miss the magazine very much and treasure the ones I have!

Robert Beauford wrote this to me when I asked him about the magazine:

Yes.  Derek and Hazel (the publishers) have made the decision to cease
 publication after the final issue of 2014.  While the magazine has a
very loyal core of supporters and has been well cared for by advertisers
 and subscriber over the
 years, the overall number of subscribers has fallen steadily for the
last decade.  I believe that this simply reflects the fact that people
are turning more and more to the internet for their education, news, and
 entertainment.  Its been both an honor and a pleasure to support the
authors and the magazine as an editor, and I am grateful to everyone
involved, but upon consideration of the numbers, I support Derek and
Hazel completely in their decision.  Its been great, but it is time to
lay it down.  History has moved on.

So sad!
Moni