[meteorite-list] Meteorite Sculpture Will Be International Space Station First Artwork

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:05:15 EDT 2014

Hi Daniel and List,

I am not an artist, but I am certainly an art critic.  I was wondering
the exact same thing.  I do not pretend to understand everyone's
definition of art, but this seems redundant.  By melting down the
meteorite, the meteoritic nature is lost - if etched, the iron will
not show a widmanstatten pattern.  It may as well be a lump of slag.

Personally, I would embed a thin slice of pallasite into one of the
"porthole" windows of the space station, so that the sun's light
reflected off the Earth would illuminate the slice, bathing the
interior of the station in pallasitic light glory.  But, that's
probably not very feasible and one of the reasons I should never be in
charge of anything.  LOL.

Best regards,

MikeG

Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com