[meteorite-list] Global Shipping Program ?problems?

Robert Verish bolidechaser at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 23:44:36 EST 2014

Hello All,

and particularly for all of you sellers on eBay, I have a question.

Is there a known (or a perceived) problem with the eBay Global Shipping Program?  Should I avoid using it?

I've received a request from a potential overseas bidder to revise my auctions and to not use eBay's Global Shipping Program.

Here is the exact wording of the request:

"Would you please consider not using the Global Shipping Program. You may not  realise but this Program is a nightmare for Overseas buyers. $ out of 4  auctions I won with this Program the sellers all cancelled auctions and  relisted under normal shipping as for some reason it always charges  double for shipping and even charges sellers apparently. "

Is this a legitimate request, or should I be suspicious?
Bob V.
eBay seller: bolide*chaser