[meteorite-list] HUGE Meteor Sighting in Cottonwood AZ - Stats from fall

shawnalan at meteoritefalls.com shawnalan at meteoritefalls.com
Sun Apr 13 15:57:52 EDT 2014

Hello Listers

I found some info on the fall and here is some stats...

vel 667.2 km/s beg 135.8 km end 40.8 km

Now could a meteorite come from the Vel speed? I mean thats really fast
667.2km, or that could be a mistake, which I think it is? With the
meteor ending at 40km there is a possibility there could be some stones
on the ground. And after looking at the video I could see the meteor for
around 4 seconds and at the end the meteor got brighter.

more stats below...

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/imca1633nyc/m.html
Meteoritefalls.com

time 20140413 3.0738 hours
  lat  32 26 22.632 =  32.4396 deg
  lon 253 16 38.856 = 253.2775 deg
   ht 40.775 b -1.38207 7.62031 -17.37020 -7.68054
       alp 300.962 +/-  0.462 deg
       del  70.037 +/-  0.310 deg
     v_inf 667.240 +/- 977.292 km/s
     v_avg 667.240 +/- 977.292 km/s