[meteorite-list] Hurricanes and rockets

Jodie Reynolds spacerocks at spaceballoon.org
Tue Mar 12 05:56:27 EDT 2013

Here are the first 25 shuttle missions, and their nearest tropical
storms, depressions, and hurricanes.  Only 8% of the first 25 coincided to
two weeks.  Maybe every single flight afterwards resulted in a "Yes",
but that's not work I'm interested in doing given the initial
results.  How about you create a spreadsheet like this showing that
the next 110 flights resulted in a majority and then we'll do the
work to confirm it instead?

Flight Number   Launch Date     Nearest Hurricane       Nearest Hurricane Date  Two weeks?
1       Apr 12, 1981    Trop Storm Arlene       May 7, Cuba     No
2       Nov 12, 1981    Katrina Nov 3, Caymans  No
3       Mar 22, 1982    Alberto June 1, Cuba    No
4       Jun 27, 1982    Beryl   August 29, Cape Verde   No
5       Nov 11, 1982    Trop Storm Ernesto      Sept 23, Sept 30        No
6       Apr 4, 1983     Trop Depression One     July 29, Lesser Antilles        No
7       Jun 18, 1983    Trop Depression One     July 29, Lesser Antilles        No
8       Aug 30, 1983    Barry   July 24, Bahamas        No
9       Nov 28, 1983    Trop Storm Dean Sept 22, EC US  No
10      Feb 3, 1984     Trop Depression One     June 11, Florida        No
11      Apr 6, 1984     Trop Depression One     June 11, Florida        No
12      Aug 30, 1984    Trop Depression One     Aug 31, Windward Islands        No
13      Oct 5, 1984     Josephine       October 8, Puerto Rico  No
14      Nov 8, 1984     Lili    December 20, Caribbean  No
15      Jan 24, 1985    Trop Storm Ana  July 15, Bermuda        No
16      Apr 12, 1985    Trop Storm Ana  July 15, Bermuda        No
17      Apr 29, 1985    Trop Storm Ana  July 15, Bermuda        No
18      Jun 17, 1985    Trop Storm Ana  July 15, Bermuda        No
19      Jul 29, 1985    Claudette       August 10, East US      Yes
20      Aug 27, 1985    Elena   August 28, Cuba No
21      Oct 3, 1985     Trop Storm Isabel       October 5, Puerto Rico  No
22      Oct 30, 1985    Kate    November 15, Bahamas    Yes
23      Nov 26, 1985    Post Season---  ----Post Season No
24      Jan 12, 1986    Trop Storm Andrew       June 5, Antilles        No
25      Jan 28, 1986    Trop Storm Andrew       June 5, Antilles        No