[meteorite-list] Frustrated over some sellers pages

Jimski47 at aol.com Jimski47 at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 16:24:22 EST 2013

A few years ago I was looking for a certain kind of large iron meteorite
for my collection and found a nice one at a well known dealers website. I
made  the deal and sent the payment. The next day I was told that it had been
sold  some time ago. The dealer offered me a different piece that was larger
and more  expensive at a great price. I agreed and paid for it. It arrived
and I was  thrilled with it. About 6 months later I saw my meteorite on Ebay
listed by this  same dealer. I emailed him and joked about it. He ended the
listing. Six months  later it was listed again and has been relisted a
number of times to this day  and is still for sale on his website. I don't want
to cause him any undue  embarrassment so I won't mention his name, so don't
ask. Forgetful? or Bait  and Switch? I'm not complaining, it was a good deal
for me.

Cheers,
Jim K