[meteorite-list] meteorite ceramics

James Tobin jamespault at att.net
Sat Jun 22 22:30:42 EDT 2013

Hi List,
I posted a picture on FB and Google+ so I thought I might also mention it here. For 20 years I have diligently  saved the cutting dust from my saws. A while back I started using the powder as a coloring additive to white ceramic clay bodies and to glazes as a very attractive brown coloring agent.
I have made name plates for several dozen of the meteorites in my collection and other fun things. But I finished a mosaic of meteorite names and all but a few of the tiles in the mosaic are made of meteorite clay and glazed with meteorite glaze.

The Google+ link is below

https://plus.google.com/photos/110103212360961433158/albums/5892403006024970513/5892403011708289378?authkey=COylxqX8mJO1mAE&sqi=109306823642046254092&sqsi=b14f221f-4e8f-4bb5-b1ba-275bf3df6ba5

I know it is a crazy long link but you can also just look me up if you want to see the framed piece of art. It is in my photos and also moving down the page of course as time passes. And it goes without saying that I would be happy to have you as followers on Google+ or be a follower of many of you myself.

Have a great first weekend of summer. Jim

James Tobin
The Meteorite Exchange meteorite.com