[meteorite-list] Asteroid Initiative Industry & Partner Day

Ron Baalke baalke at zagami.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 12 14:14:19 EDT 2013

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/asteroids/initiative/asteroid-ideas.html

Asteroid Initiative Industry & Partner Day
05.28.2013

Event: NASA's Asteroid Initiative Call for Ideas
Time: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. EDT
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Location: NASA Headquarters James E. Webb Auditorium, 300 E Street,
SW, Washington, D.C.

Capacity Note: Onsite-attendance will be limited by seating capacity.
Register now

On June 18, NASA will host an event in which experts will provide details
about NASA's asteroid initiative, including the observation campaign, the
orbital tracking, robotic components, the human elements, and enhanced
focus on planetary defense. We will describe our upcoming planning
timeline and clearly identify opportunities and processes for providing
input into our planning. During this public forum, NASA will also release a
Request for Information (RFI) to seek new ideas for mission elements and
describe the process for submitting your ideas to NASA so that NASA teams
may consider your innovative solutions and/or participation.

Agenda:
Time (EDT)	Topic	Speaker
9:15-9:30	Welcome	NASA Deputy Administrator Lori Garver
9:30-9:55	White House Perspective	Tom Kalil
9:55-10:55	Mission Directorates Progress Updates:
Human Exploration and Operations: William Gerstenmaier
Science: John Grunsfeld (Ph.D)
Space Technology: Mike Gazarik(Ph.D)
10:55-11:20	Partnerships and Innovative Methods	Mason Peck, Jason Kessler
11:20-11:30	Next Steps	NASA Associate Administrator Robert Lightfoot

- Register now
http://asteroidinitiative.eventbrite.com/
- Watch the event on NASA TV
  (starting 9:30 a.m. EDT on 18 June)