[meteorite-list] Meteorite fragments found in Russia's Urals region

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Sun Feb 17 21:13:57 EST 2013

The BBC article:

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21494963

links to a Russian article:

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130217/179531203/Meteorite-Fragments-Found-in-Icy-Urals-Lake---Scientists.html

   "We have just completed the study, we confirm that the
   particulate matters, found by our expedition in the area
   of Lake Chebarkul indeed have meteorite nature," Viktor
   Grohovsky of the Urals Federal University said.

   "This meteorite is an ordinary chondrite, it is a stony
   meteorite which contains some 10 percent of iron. It is most
   likely to be named Chebarkul meteorite," Grohovsky said.

 - Robin