[meteorite-list] Russia mega meteor and asteroid 2012DA14 related, yes I think so...

Bjorn Sorheim astrogeo at online.no
Sat Feb 16 14:04:46 EST 2013

I must be starting praying for you MIke!!?
That's the most clueless article about these events I have ever seen.
Or someone purporting to know anything about celestial mechanics.
Wired and author Helene McLaughlin doesn't know a thing about celestial
mechanics.
The diagram is totally wrong, and the explanation about their paths is
a TOTAL misunderstanding.
As I have been trying to convey, the meteoroid falling in
Russia (technically it is actually an asteroid as it is so big 15-17m)
didn't originate
from 2012DA14 while it passed the Earth! It split of way before and was
travelling parallell
with the mother asteroid but a long distance ahead of it and a bit over 2
Earth diameters
inside its orbit.