[meteorite-list] Glorieta Hunt - "Diggers" episode Tonight NGC

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 14:04:06 EDT 2013

Discovery, Learning Channel, and A&E are wastelands of tripe now.  I
remember when TLC had "learning" on it.  I remember when Discovery was
about science.  I remember when A&E had "arts" on it.  Now it's Dog
the Bounty Hunter and Pawn Stars.  The networks are giving people what
they apparently want - and that is a trainwreck of rednecks acting out
contrived situations and scripted dialogue.  Even the Smithsonian
channel is getting a little dodgy.

 I see commercials on Smithsonian and Nat Geo for worthless
"binoculars" that aren't worth 10 cents and they claim to be the best
optical bargain on the planet - the choice of sportsmen around the
world!  (Order now and get a second set of useless pseudo-binoculars
for just processing and handling!) - Any network with an ounce of
scientific integrity (or any integrity) would refuse those
advertisements - but that would mean turning away easy money from
advertisers with deep pockets.  The same goes for their print
magazines - they should be ashamed of themselves for pushing worthless
junk on their readers and viewers.

I take everything I see on these channels with a block of salt.

Well, these diggers and pickers have gotten more discussion time than
they are worth.  I vote for ending this thread and putting it into
File 13.

Best regards,

MikeG

Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com