[meteorite-list] NASA Symposium Marks 50 Years Of Solar System Exploration

Ron Baalke baalke at zagami.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 16 18:52:55 EDT 2012

Oct. 16, 2012

Dwayne C. Brown
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1726
dwayne.c.brown at nasa.gov

Yvette Smith
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-5196
yvette.smith-1 at nasa.gov

MEDIA ADVISORY: M12-202

NASA SYMPOSIUM MARKS 50 YEARS OF SOLAR SYSTEM EXPLORATION

WASHINGTON -- Media representatives are invited to attend a NASA
History symposium about past, present and future solar system
exploration. The event takes place Oct. 25-26 from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
EDT, at the Lockheed Martin Global Vision Center in Crystal City, Va.

The event is free and open to the public with prior registration. The
deadline for registration is Friday, Oct. 19 at 5 p.m. The two-day
event will be streamed live on the agency's website at:

http://www.nasa.gov/history

The Solar System Exploration @ 50 Symposium will explore the
milestones of our 50-year history of planetary exploration, what we
have learned, and how we have learned it. The symposium is sponsored
by the NASA History Program Office and the Science Mission
Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington, NASA's Jet Propulsion
Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., and the Smithsonian's National Air
and Space Museum in Washington.

Media representatives interested in attending should email Dwayne
Brown at dwayne.c.brown at nasa.gov or Yvette Smith at
yvette.smith-1 at nasa.gov.

For a complete list of speakers and to register, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/history/features/SSEat50.html

-end-