[meteorite-list] AD - NWA 6675 new aubrite with dual lithologies (Official on the bulletin)

Fabien Kuntz wwmeteorites at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 10:47:41 EDT 2012

Hello,

just before a 4 days meteorite hunting exhibition in Besançon Observatory for schools and general public, then 11 days of desert for a real hunt this time, I have prepared few slices of a new, nice, official aubrite : NWA 6675

I have been surprised cutting this weathered achondrite, to find a pretty matrix (sometimes with surviving metal flakes, was not expecting that), with two distinct lithilogies, a fine grained, and a coarse grained one. Or like in the Bulletin :

Take a look :

http://www.wwmeteorites.com/Ventes/NWA6675.html

Fabien

Fabien Kuntz
Météorites (ventes, expertise, conférences)
Animation scientifique et technique
WWMETEORITES (Siret : 511 850 612 00017)
www.wwmeteorites.com