[meteorite-list] New BLM regs: Tempest in a teacup?

Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteoritemike at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:54:41 EDT 2012

Chris, haven't you heard the news?  All BLM field offices now have
electron microprobes and planetary geologists to examine finds......

As one friend of mine recently told me off-list - enforcement of these
regulations will be next to impossible.  In theory, nothing will
change because nobody in the BLM is qualified to determine what is a
meteorite and what is not. (unless it's a new fall, and even then,
it's just a rock until it's formally analyzed).

Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone
Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/galacticstone
RSS - http://www.galactic-stone.com/rss/126516