[meteorite-list] Water cutting question

Adam Hupe raremeteorites at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 11:53:36 EST 2012

I remeasured the PH and TDS levels of my incoming tap water and again after being filtered.

        Before filtering          After Charcoal and RO Filtering

TDS: 515 PPM                 31 PPM
PH:   7.7                          7.1

It looks like 7 stage RO filtering made the water move towards PH neutral from being on the basic side.  A reading of 7 would be considered perfect neutral so I am happy with a PH reading of 7.1.  I would rather have it lean towards basic than acidic which is the case here.  On the other hand, the TDS level of the incoming tap water exceeds EPA standards!  I wouldn't dare drink the tap water here.  Might end up with a case of kidney stones!

I don't think meteorites would be happy with the tap water here.  I will do chemical testing in a few weeks.  I hope there is no chloramine in our system as is the case in California.

Kind Regards,

Adam