[meteorite-list] Preserving pallasite piece on display

André Moutinho moutinho at bol.com.br
Mon May 21 09:26:50 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I have recently visited a Brazilian museum and notice a 1kg endcut of Quijingue meteorite with some rust..I suggested the curator to try clean and preserve the piece with some kind of sealer. I have experience keeping small slices of iron and pallasites with silica in a container but it cannot be used on a museum display. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to restore and preserve a pallasite museum piece that must be on display ?

Best,
Andre