[meteorite-list] Whereabouts of King Tut's breastplate (was: New Dakhleh Glass website page)

Bernd V. Pauli bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Tue Mar 20 07:02:29 EDT 2012

Hi Norm and List,

Good to see you are back and good to see you are quickly catching
up on your website but what else should we expect from a slave-driver ;-)

Talking about LDG and King Tut, you write on your website the following:

"The image of King Tut's breastplate at left shows a carved straw-yellow
scarab as its centerpiece. Long assumed to be chalcedony, this has now
been confirmed to be Libyan Desert Glass!"

and:

"I have not been able to determine the whereabouts of this artifact. After multiple
trips to the Egyptian National Museum, I am quite sure it is not on display there,
nor is there any indication where it may be on loan."

*If* my sources are correct, King Tut's "Moon Pectoral" should be in Kairo:

Kairo, Egyptian Museum, JE 61884
Find number 267 d
Height 14.9 cm
Breadth 14.5 cm