[meteorite-list] (meteorite) Sonic booms over coastal San Diego, CA

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 19:56:57 EDT 2012

>>Possible bolide over San Diego   County?<<

If no meteor was seen, I wouldn't get too excited  about  sonic booms in
the
san diego, ca area. Before moving to northern  california, I  lived in the
san diego area for over 30 years and  mysterious sonic booms every 4  or 5
years isn't too unusual. Although  the Navy denies that they are the cause,
personally think they are.  If naval training guns are fired about 100
miles
off the coast,  sometimes they could be heard in san diego. But I think its
jet   aircraft momentarily hitting the speed of sound somewhere over the
ocean.
GeoZay