[meteorite-list] Hammer Fall

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 13:19:50 EDT 2012

>>As a retired RCAF Radar Tech, I always  thought a "Hammer Fall" was the
result of a careless tech leaving a "hammer"  on the wing of an aircraft
just
before a scramble.  Hammers were often  used to fine tune Hughes built
radar
sets like the old MG-2, ha! ha!
Ed  Majden<<

That reminds me of the time when I was changing out the HF  radio coupler
on a B-52 around midnight. The coupler is located high up on the  tail. The
plane was scheduled to take off at the crack of dawn and I was just
finishing up when I dropped a large crescent wrench. I watched it tumble end  over
end when the tail gunner canopy got smacked by the wrench and made a small
crack. My heart sank, but not as much as the crew chiefs did. I was done with
 the radio, but he had to stay out there till the entire ton and a half
tail  gunner section was replaced. I'm glad it wasn't taken out of my pay
check...I'd  still be paying for it. :O)
GeoZay