[meteorite-list] hollow meteorite on ebay

JoshuaTreeMuseum joshuatreemuseum at embarqmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:22:27 EDT 2012

Hi Jim,

You're missing the fact that there's 10,000 suckers born (worldwide) every
minute and one just paid $266 for a concretion that I would have sold them
for $1.50.

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum

I see no evidence in this ebay listing that would lead me to believe that
this is indeed a meteorite. Just having an old label and someone saying that
it's a meteorite, surprises me that eight people bid on this thing and it
sold for $266. Am I missing something here or can this really be a
meteorite?

Cheers,
Jim K