[meteorite-list] AD: some NWA, rare types, historic falls and a hammer

Matthew Smith smithmp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 05:04:43 EDT 2012

In the last couple of weeks I've been through much of my collection, pulling out
some duplicates and other specimens to sell. I've listed them below, including
details on the provenance I have, where possible the original dealers card will
be included. Several of these prices are below my original cost. The link to
images is at the bottom of the mail.

- Worden (L5) 0.5g of cutting dust, a 1997 "Hammer" stone slices of which can be
seen on the net for $1000/g (Matt Morgan >> Juris P. Breikss), $30

- NWA 3151 (Brachinite) 56mg, ~6x7mm thin slice, very good surface area for the
mass, excellent preparation (Hupe, with original card) $12

- NWA 3133 (Primitive Achondrite) 0.586g polished part-slice (Hupe) $12

- NWA 4590 "Tamassint" (Angrite) 52mg fragment (Hupe with original card) $12

- Some carbonaceous micros, you can have both of these for $22: Murchison (CM2)
~0.10g in small fragments (Dave Harris), Allende (CV3) ~0.07g in 2 fragments,
(Dave Harris).

- NWA ORIENTED Unclassified - 7.1g completely oriented individual (Hupe, with
card), it may be small but it's absolutely perfect! Check images. $45

- NWA 2690, Eucrite, paired with Howardite NWA 1929. (Cottingham), 4.9g
part-slice. $45

- NWA 5480 (olivine diogenite, Hupe). 2.5g, end-cut with one polished face. $30

- NWA 6964, Eucrite described as the "Pearls of vesta" (Chladni's heirs) 0.599g
end-cut/half stone. A must-see, these quickly sold out at $60/g when they
originally came up for sale. $40

- Tatahouine (Wandering Star), 1.0g in two fragments. $10

- NWA Unclassified, ~60% crust, very nice - see link below for photos, pretty
big at 980g and a considerable amount of dark thick crust. Looking on ebay it
seems a lot of people are asking $1/g for this type of material now, so this
should be a bargain at $320

- Lastly some VERY rare UK/Irish micros, $30 for all three: Mooresfort (H5,
1810, Ireland) 10.8mg tiny fragments/dust (Elliott auction), Aldsworth 9.8mg
tiny fragments/dust (Elliott), Hambleton 106.1mg small fragments including
olivine (Elliott)

Pictures available at http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg550/lithobolia/Sale/

I live in the UK, postage to the US for a single small item is approximately $5.
For multiple items or larger pieces I will get a quote on request.

Cheers,

Matt.

(IMCA #3142)