[meteorite-list] Man Claims Rockhaven Meteorite Find

Chris Spratt cspratt at islandnet.com
Sat Feb 25 16:53:44 EST 2012

The law applies to old Canadian  falls and finds as well as newly
discovered stuff. So, if I buy an old Dresden (Ontario) H6  (fell 1939)
from a US dealer and bring it back into Canada, and then want to resell
or trade it to a dealer outside Canada, I  will have to apply for a
permit from Canada Customs. Lot of paperwork in any case. Waits for
clearance can be upwards of several months. The law went into effect in
1977,  and also
applies to fossils and other perceived "cultural items".

So even though I'm selling/trading  off some of my collection, I'm
keeping the Canadian stuff.

Chris. Spratt
Victoria, BC