[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood Texas

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 10:57:18 EST 2012

Sterling>>I make the perfect expert  for this dispute because I
am not a frontiersman and know nothing about  lions,
cougars, pards, and whatnot. Knowing nothing, I
was forced to  GoogleStorm the question of "mountain
lion" shoe-size.<<

Well  after going over what Sterling dug up, it would seem that what eric
seen in  florida is within the realm of possibility. I sure would love to
have found the  photos that were taken of the two mountain lions killed at my
father in laws  place. I looked high and low. The big interest in those
photos were the size of  its head and front paws compared to my father in laws
hands. Perhaps the furry  part on its paws made it look larger than the foot
print producing pads? During  that period (In the late 1980's and early
1990's), there was an incident about 2  miles from my in laws place where a
mountain lion swatted the butt of a 4 year  old kid at Cuyamaca State Park while
camping. the lion came right into camp and  attacked the kid. This was all
caught on video. A park ranger shot and killed  it. within a year or two of
this, a mountain lion killed a woman hiker within  cuyamaca Park. I can't
remember if this one was killed or not. We had a woman  friend of ours who was
hiking in Cuyamaca that suddenly had a lion appear on the  trail about ten
feet from her. She did a series of things that did no  good...such as holler
at it, blow a loud whistle and wave her arms. She said the  lion just sat
there looking at her. Finally out of desperation she hit it in the  head with
her walking stick and it turned and trotted off. While living in Texas  many
years ago, I often heard stories about mountain lion attacks or the threat
of them, but never heard of one caught or killed there. I'm sure they were
around, but I didn't feel threatened. They probably had plenty of food
around to  be much of a threat to humans.
George Zay