[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood Texas

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 09:56:38 EST 2012

>>They were about 2.5-3 inches across, or  a little small than
the center of the palm of my  hand.>>

That's pretty small size print for the typical large cats  such as a
mountain lion and its relatives. In the Cuyamaca area in San Diego  county, its
mountain lion central. I use to have an observatory on my father in  laws
property in that area. I shared the field with several large sheep and we  had
constant mountain lion trouble. We lost two large rams two years apart and
both mountain lions were killed at the time by the State Game Hunter. One
weighed 90 lbs and the other 130 lbs. Both had heads larger than mine and
their  paws were at least the size of a full grown man's hand with fingers
stretched  out. When the lions made their kills, they dragged the carcases about
a hundred  yards away and semi buried them. I've had several nights were I
sorta played  squat tag with them. That is they were there for a moment and
then gone...vice  versa. :O) If you saw 2 to 3 inch tracks, you were probably
looking at something  no bigger than a Bob cat or large house cat that's
gone ferral perhaps. As you  said, it scared the crap out of you and things
tend to look bigger when that  happens. :O)