[meteorite-list] Coloma, CA

Marc Fries mfries8 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 19:54:12 EDT 2012

Howdy ladies and gents

     I have an important update for the Coloma fall.  This may be my
last major update, but I think y'all will like it.

     For the record, a 10-20 kg CM chondrite would be about a
quarter-meter in diameter.  Salivating yet?  I am.

http://radarmeteorites.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/coloma-ca-22-apr-2012-1452-utc/

     I do have one request.  If the media approaches you, please be
insistent in pointing out the role that weather radar played in finding
this fall and direct them to me.  I am NOT fishing for attention for
myself - I honestly couldn't care less about it. But media attention is
a currency of a sort, and its a currency that I can spend to try to get
funding for this work.  If I can get funding, then I can produce data
like this with better speed and quality, which will help everyone.  Most
of you already have my phone number - please pass it on to the media.

Enjoy!
Marc Fries