[meteorite-list] Strewn Field Questions

Jim Wooddell nf114ec at npgcable.com
Thu Apr 19 20:48:27 EDT 2012

I have a few questions about known strewn fields of the world.  I have read
a few research papers on some fields, but I am really looking for specific
answers to some of my crazy questions.

So, first question:  Does anyone know of confirmed strewn fields anywhere in
the world where the larger stones of each independent field are found less
than 1 mile of each other with different classifications?

Second question:  If you do, what are the names of these fields and the
research documents that show the evidence???

Third question:  What do you think the odds of 2 or three strewn fields all
ending on the large side in an area of less than 1 mile apart and to a
greater extent less than ¼ mile apart could be???  Would the odds be better
than winning the Mega Millions Lottery?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim Wooddell