[meteorite-list] Anagram Meteorite Contest

MexicoDoug mexicodoug at aim.com
Wed Oct 26 12:27:36 EDT 2011

Dear List,

Please excuse me for the delay in this due to a situation beyondmy
control at home.

There is a winner but I don't know who it is yet.  It will be for an
imperfect anagram since several people sent me partial lists of perfect
anagrams with Dr. Grossman having the most (10), but each of them
honorably disqualified themselves due to having tools available to them
that they felt gave an unfair edge.

That left 9 entires, which we can call amateur entries and six
JUMBLE/SCRABBLE meteorite people who loved the idea of the contest but
sent nothing ;-(, even though I asked them to try *snif*

I need to score the entries but don't have time to go through them all
yet and will weh I can and announce the winner.  It seems that it is
far more difficult to spot these than it sounds and I think the winner
will have a score under 10-15.

For now, let me post what may be the complete list which I found.  BTW,
the two that Jeff didn't have nobody else got, so he would have been
the clear winner had he chosen to participate.

My list follows (and Lodran is the type specimen which has an
anagrammatic pairing):

1.   Angers / Granes
2.   Florey / Lefroy
3.   Garland / Ragland