[meteorite-list] Hard Core

MstrEman mstreman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:39:31 EDT 2011

I've similar thoughts myself, Doug.  In most all graphic depictions of
the impact from 65my ago,  they show the earth's land masses as they
are arrayed today!   Were they using a paleo-map circa
late-cretaceous,  I believe it would show the India plate right in the
center of the "anti-pode focii" and would go a long way in connecting
the Deccan mass basalt flows with Chuxilub.

In like vein --but on the new close-up photos of Vesta,  my initial
impression was that there was a hump/bulge opposite a major crater.
That taken with the "circumscribing (equatorial) crinkles" tends to
bear out this kind of dynamics such that when a sphere is struck from
one side it concentrates the energy in the opposite hemisphere.

Elton