[meteorite-list] Reports of Night Red Clouds from Ontario to Texas 24OCT2011

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Oct 25 00:46:10 EDT 2011

Yes, the auroral activity extended very far south. We had a strong
showing of red (and green) auroras here in central Colorado, with
activity straight overhead, so I'm not surprised it might be seen in
Texas. The show tonight looked very similar to what we saw back in the
early 2000s, when auroras were seen even in northern Mexico.

The show lasted about 30 minutes, and started about an hour after
sunset. Nothing for the last few hours, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com