[meteorite-list] Second experiment confirms faster-than-lightparticles

Phil Whitmer prairiecactus at rtcol.com
Sun Nov 20 12:42:31 EST 2011

Hi,

I downloaded the experimenters' original paper
where they discuss at great length all the corrections
they applied and THAT correction is not mentioned
nor acknowledged to be needed. So, we don't know
if they were aware of it or not.

In this latest news piece, they do not address the
relativistic analysis. They do address another
criticism, that of too wide a packet length for the
little neutral ones.

They suggest possibly running a fiber the 454
miles between the sites, to measure the "light-time."
It seems to me that if they had accounted for the
relativistic effects beforehand (and neglected to
mention it their paper), they would merely say so
and have done with it.

I'm not putting any big money bets on really fast
neutrinos, not in this frame of reference.

Sterling K. Webb

Sterling,

Could you provide the link to the original paper?

Thanks,

Phil Whitmer