[meteorite-list] Taking a look inside a chondrite meteorite

Chris Spratt cspratt at islandnet.com
Sun May 29 16:08:43 EDT 2011

Hi Listers:

I have a couple of dozen NWA chondrite all unnamed and unclassified.  I
haven't a lapidary saw or power grinder so I'm trying to file
an edge off each meteorite with a hand file to see what I may have.
Tried various files for metal that my late Dad left me in his old tool
kit. Most don't make a mark. Can anyone recommend what type of file to
use. Would a Dremel grinding stone work? If so which one?

Thanks,

Chris. Spratt
Victoria, BC