[meteorite-list] Fireball question / sonic boom

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Tue Mar 29 20:11:13 EDT 2011

>>There are several falls where no  sonic boom was noticed.  Speaking of US
falls,
the last two that come  to mind are Berthoud, CO and New Orleans, LA.
Others
that I can  readily recall are Salem, OR and Athens, AL.  Reports from the
latter
two specifically state there were no "explosions" or  booms<<

Thanks Frank...never knew there were any sizable meteorites  recovered from
falls without any sonic booms reported. I bet there were some for  those
above, but there probably weren't people in the right places to hear it.
GeoZay